I was unknowingly married to a gay man for twenty two years. At the end of my marriage I started seeing my husband change. I felt I no longer knew him, but the fact was I never knew him. My husband was not effeminate. He worked on military aircraft as a living. He liked boating, fishing, archery, and guns. He could fix anything. His dress was basic jeans or shorts and a tee-shirt. He didn’t much care for photos of himself. In twenty two years we had about three photos taken together. All of this changed near the end of the marriage. I have made a list of these changes.
1. He experienced a break down with psychosis.
2. Obsessing about his hair. He was never satisfied with the cut and would have it cut again within a few days.
3. Coloring his hair he wasn’t satisfied with that so he started highlighting it.
5. Buying new clothes. In twenty two years he never bought clothes for himself.
6. Shaving his under arms.
7. Always on the computer.
8. Taking photo after photo of himself or had me take them. He even bought a tripod so he could take pictures of himself. I did not know he bought the tripod until I saw it in the computer room.
9. Anger and Rage.
10. Asking questions about the gay lifestyle.
11. He became careless giving men our home number for sexual hookups.
12. He commented that my nephew sure was looking good.
These are some of the changes I noticed at the end of my marriage. I left and never went back. It was after I left I found out he made sexual advances to a man who I know. I questioned him about being gay. He denied it. He continued with the mind games, lying, and manipulation. I had to accept that he was never going to give me the truth.